40ft Long 8-Pin Lock Convertible Chassis
- Carries 1 x 20ft empty
- Carries 2 x 20ft empty standard containers
- Carries 1 x 20ft empty and one 20ft loaded positioned at the rear
- Carries 1 x 40ft standard or highcube container empty or loaded
- Carries 1 x 20ft highcube container at the rear and standard at the front
- TRS sells and rents 8-pin lock chassis
TRS is unique in our scope of products and services. In addition to standard, specialized and fabricated container structures we sell and rent ISO Chassis.
- Availability can include New, Refurbished, Used and Fix It Yourself condition.
- Inventory includes 40ft L 8-pin lock convertible chassis for their strength and flexibility.
- Special Order Option: 40’ 8-pin Convertible Chassis which transports 2 x 20ft standard empty, 1 x20ft empty, 40’ X 8’6” H or 9’6”, 20’ 9’6” H on the rear and a 20ft standard on the front
- Domestic chassis will meet FHWA Roadworthy requirements.
- Parts for Sale
- Registration Services
- Repairs Performed
- TRS sells ISO container chassis for the safe and cost-effective transport of empty and loaded containers.
- We can quote on New Tri-axles and Specialty Chassis.
- We provide Used 20ft long sliders, 40ft goosenecks, 40ft 8-pin locks, and 40’ – 45’ Extendables.
Visit our facility to survey and evaluate the quality, price points and grades of our chassis.
- The only chassis that can transport one 20ft L X 9’6’ H container
- Chassis can be stacked 3 high for space efficiency
- Chassis can raise your container to dock height for easy loading
- Containers cannot be dangerously dragged off the chassis
- Cost effective: no wasted time chaining down; load + lock
- Driver safety: No chaining or climbing onto the roof of a container
- No blocking is needed since the chassis allows full access to lift
- Chassis is inspected and documented prior to leaving and upon return
- Easy conversion from rental to a buyout at any time
- Insurance is required from Lessee
- Lessee responsible for all Maintenance + Repair items
- Lessee responsible for damages or tire swaps while on rent
- Rental Option for USED equipment only
- Reasonable 30 day minimum on all rentals
- Traditionally fast turnaround time
- TRS OFFERS SHORT AND LONG TERM RENTAL OPTIONS.
- We have a diversified inventory of chassis types
- HAVING DIFFICULTY GETTING A CHASSIS AT THE PIER, TIME TO PURCHASE.
- Sold in New, Used or “As Is” Condition.
- TRS can mount your plate on the chassis
- Basic Roadworthy units for export
- Refurbished which includes new tires, brakes and paint
- Roadworthy / FHWA to carry loads
- TRS purchases chassis back when the market will allow
- Upon payment in full client receives Title and Bill of Sale
Dimensions are similar to a standard 8-pin lock
Center locks fold down
King pin Placement 30.5”
Rear Height 52” from ground
Tare Weight 10,500 lbs.
Gross Vehicle Weight 65,000 lbs.
Mudflaps and Conspicuity Tape
Stack 3 high for transport
Tire Size 10 x 20 tires on 5 spoke wheels
Rim Wheels 8.25 X 22.5
Landing Gear low profile sand shoe
- Consignment if you want TRS to sell your chassis.
- Sell Parts
- Short term storage facility.
- Stacking and Binding for Transit
- Surveys prior to rental or purchase
Availability and pricing subject to change. Specifications can vary based on Manufacturer, Age and State Requirements. The technical information provided is for guidance only and TRS cannot be held responsible for original specs and tolerances.