20ft Long Openside Containers 8’6′ H and 9’6″ H
- New Opensides are available for Sale only
- When New is unavailable TRS can fabricate side door access
- Only the 8’6’ H version fit on an ISO chassis for transport
TRS is a leading innovator and full-service provider of new, used and refurbished:
- Heavy-duty ground level domestic containers
- Sea worthy cargo containers
- Specialized containers
- Field offices
- Modified container structures.
All of these container incarnations are utilized by the Military, Industrial, Commercial, Municipal and Residential clients.
Our compliment of inventory includes New One-trip 20ft L X 8ft W X 8’6′ H and 9’6” H Openside Cargo Containers. Units are manufactured with 2 swing doors at one 8ft wide end as well as one full 20ft long openside. The side doors, referred to as accordion doors, fold all the way back providing full access to the entire length of the container.
With the two height options these specialized units allow for different applications.
New 20ft openside containers can be in short supply so TRS offers fabrication options by installing a myriad of doors into the sides of new and used units.
Our equipment options and services are unparalleled in our industry. Let TRS be the turnkey solution for your intermodal equipment needs.
- Additional height allows for Generators, Battery Packs and other Power Equipment.
- Ashtray vents for air flow prevent condensation.
- Blasted, primed, painted with marine grade paint for durability.
- Constructed of 14-gauge non-corrosive cor-ten steel.
- Corner castings blocks for easy lifting and repositioning.
- Delivery can usually be made within 48 hours.
- Durable, stackable and flexible in construction design.
- Fire resistant.
- Ground level access reduces risk of injury on slippery steps.
- Manageable to stack or move at construction site or military theater.
- More cost effective than brick and mortar construction.
- No structural assembly or foundation required.
- Reusable and easy to transport from job to job.
- Self-Contained secure mini-warehousing.
- Suitable for temporary or permanent applications.
- Survive natural disasters like hurricanes and earthquakes.
- Fork pockets for empty lifting on all 20ft, some 40ft.
- High security steel lockbox standard on new units.
- Marine plywood floors treated to resist bugs and rodents.
- New container CSC plate valid for 5 years from date of manufacture.
- Side accordion doors that fold back for full side access.
- Stackable 9 high loaded for space efficiency.
- Standard sizing allows for transport by truck, rail, ship or air
- Support weights in excess of 50,000lbs.
- Tie down steel lashing D-rings to secure material.
- Two swing doors on one end for access to interior space.
- Vandal proof steel locking bars with hasps on doors.
- Watertight with heavy rubber gaskets around doors.
Dimensions are general and will vary based on the manufacturer’s specifications. Please contact us for exact dimensions
20ft L X 8ft W X 8’6′ H
19’4″ L X 7’6′ W X 7’6′ H
Tare 6989 lbs
Max Gross 65,000 lbs
7’8″ W X 7′ H
Cubic Capacity: 1,098 cu ft
20ft L X 8ft W X 9’6′ H
19’4″ L X 7’6″ W X 8’6′ H
End Door Opening:
7’4″ w x 8’2′ H
Tare 7275 lbs
Max Gross 65,000 lbs
Cubic Capacity: 1236 cubic feet
- Bars and Restaurants
- Command Centers
- Bulk storage for oversized materials
- Deployable Water Filtration System
- Emergency Equipment Enclosures
- Event Branded Kiosk’s
- Fireproof Storage: files, boats, power machinery, furniture
- Gas powered equipment shelters
- Military weapons storage and transport unit.
- Mobile Welding Shops
- Modular Data Center
- Permanent or Temporary Accommodations
- Portable Battery Pack Enclosures
- Shopping Malls
- Sound reduced machinery housing
TRS offers economical options in lieu of purchasing a New openside container.
Opensides are traditionally in limited supply.
TRS can select a 20ft used standard or highcube container and install additional access in the sides.
Steel roll up doors, personnel doors or authentic container doors can be installed.
Not engineered to function as a true openside the cost is less and much of the convenience is there.
Not suitable for export.
Other Fabrication Options:
- Air Compressors, Transformers and Generators provided.
- Custom flooring: vinyl tile, diamond plate, skid proof painting.
- Duct work for HVAC unit
- Electrical Package with lights, switch, panel box, outlets, hvac, baseboard heating.
- Explosion proof lighting, switches, vents.
- Fire Suppression System
- Frame, Insulate and Panel.
- Grating installed for emergency containment spills.
- Hatches for roof access.
- Overhead I-beam with an electric hoist.
- Paint interior or exterior corporate colors.
- Shelving and racks installed down the 20ft length.
- Thermostatically controlled exhaust fans with exterior custom covers