40ft Long Refrigeration + Insulated Containers
- Available in New and Used Condition
- Available for Sale and Rent
- Available as Running Reefers or Insulated Enclosures
- Available for Ground Storage or International Shipping
- Available Diesel Generator Sets for Sale and Rent
TRS is a leading innovator and full-service provider of new, used and refurbished:
- Heavy-duty ground level domestic containers
- Sea worthy cargo containers
- Specialized containers like Running Refrigeration Containers
- Field offices
- Modified container structures.
Our compliment of inventory includes:
New One-trip 40ft L X 8ft W X 9’6′ H Running Refrigeration Containers.
Used 40ft L X 8ft W X 9’6′ H Running Refrigeration Containers.
Used 40ft L X 8ft W X 8’6′ H OR 9’6′ H Non-running Reefers also called Insulated Containers.
Insulated containers can be modified to accept a domestic hvac unit.
Reefers are equipped with Commercial Refrigeration Units: Carrier, Thermoking, Daikin.
Strip curtains available to keep cold air in.
Maintains a set temperature to protect perishable products.
Can be hardwired to a building or placed in the cell of a ship.
- Air tight, weatherproof, and rodent proof.
- Can be hardwired to your building for instant cold storage
- Climate Controlled to ensure freshness and reduce waste.
- Clip-on Genset easy to mount on front end of reefer for uninterrupted power
- Control temperature and humidity in a self-contained environment
- Diesel Generators clip-on when there is no other source of power.
- Durable, stackable and flexible in design
- Extra foot of height allows for more storage and higher shelving capabilities
- Ground level access reduces risk of injury on slippery steps.
- Hazmat Chemical Storage
- Hydroponic Produce and Marijuana farms are built into Containers.
- Portable Morgue for disasters.
- Store: Pharmaceuticals, Electronic Equipment, Flowers and Bulbs, Fish: perishables.
- Temporary climate control shelter for events, festivals seasonal cold storage.
- Aluminum t-bar floor over a basin so air circulates around the product
- Corner castings for easy lifting and repositioning
- 4” Dense foam insulation in walls, floor, ceiling and doors
- Electric only reefer unit. Cord for plug is provided
- Exterior panels are aluminum, fiberglass or muffler grade steel
- Frame constructed of 14-gauge non-corrosive cor-ten steel
- Keep perishable products in temps between -10F to 70F
- Mylar/PVC strip containment curtains
- Single or dual 220/440 volt 3 phase power, 50/60 hz, 25 – 30 amps
- Standard sizing allows for transport by truck, rail, ship or air
- Two swing doors at one end to keep the designated temperature
- Unit has auto defrost mode
- Washable stainless steel interiors
Dimensions are general and will vary based on the manufacturer’s specifications. Please contact us for exact dimensions.
20ft L X 8ft W X 8’6′ H
38’5 L X 7’6′ W X 8’1″ H
Plymetal Door Opening:
7’6′ W X 8’4″ H
Max Gross Weight: 65,680 lb
Tare Weight with reefer 9,280 lb
Payload 74,960 lb
Cubic Capacity: 2,376 sq ft
- Carrier, Daiken, Thermoking and Mitsubishi units available
- Generator sets available to keep unit running while not plugged in.
- Transformers available to provide dual voltage 220V / 230V
- Install additional doors.
- Install an alarm system.
- Install Mylar / PVC strip Curtain to contain the cold air.
- Install lights with switch
- Install shelving
- Remove the reefer unit then insulate and panel opening.
- If a standard reefer configuration does not fit your application TRS can insulate, panel and climate control a standard steel freight container.
- An insulated container is watertight, lockable and clean; however, the reefer unit is either beyond repair or unreliable for service.
- Can be outfitted with a domestic roof mount RV a/c heat unit or domestic climate control.
- Convert into kiln oven to dry wood.
- If certain features of a reefer container like the aluminum T-bar floor are unsuitable for your application, we offer services to insulate and climate control a standard dry freight container.
- Insulated containers are air tight to guard against freezing temps for storage of paint, grout, etc.
- Insulated containers have the commercial refrigeration unit still mounted on the front.
- Interior walls are durable and easy to clean interior stainless steel.
- Running Reefer Features and Benefits apply to used Insulated Containers.
- TRS can remove and dispose of the inoperative Reefer unit. Then insulate and enclose the opening.
- TRS sells, rents and customizes Used Insulated containers.
- Used insulated containers are referred to as Former Reefers.
Refrigeration containers are manufactured with Electric Only 460V commercial units installed.
Gensets provide uninterrupted power when a reefer cannot be hard wired to a power source.
TRS sells and rents Used Diesel Gensets.
- Clip-on nose-mount gensets attach to the reefer container.
- Underslung generators attach to a chassis via a cable.
- 15 Kw, 460 volt, 60 Hz, 3-phase power output.
- Constructed of aluminum panels and doors with steel frame.
- Electric reefers (Carrier, Mitsubishi, Daiken, ThermoKing) use gensets as an alternate power source.
- Equipped with a 120 gallon diesel fuel tank.
- Equipped with Fuel heater/Fuel warmer.
- Invaluable at seasonal functions, emergency power outages, construction jobs where electricity may not be available.
- Safety stop controls for low oil pressure, high water temperature.
- Stainless steel exhaust and hardware.